How Blogging Helps Build Your Author Platform
By: Linda Fulkerson
This post continues the “Making the Most of Social Media” series by sharing how a blog can help you build your author platform.
In this episode:
- 0:19 We reached a milestone
- 0:26 Housekeeping note – issue with past episodes not showing up in iTunes
- 1:37 Freebies!
- 3:11 Using social media to build your author platform
- 3:49 What is an author platform? – Why do you need one?
- 6:19 Using a Blog to Build Your Author Platform
- 7:43 Do I really need to blog?
- 9:26 Seven ways blogging helps you build your author platform
- 22:05 Setting up your blog effectively
- 27:31 Site structure/design tips
- 33:05 Why people read blogs
- 35:21 One way to get an agent’s attention
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Building Your Author Platform (Today’s Tip post)
- Slow Cooker Heaven – the blog of Beth Bergren, one of our readers
- How to write blog posts faster
In the next episode . . .
We’ll continue the series – Using social media to build your author platform.
You may also be interested in:
- Podcast Episode 0001 – Introducing Marketing for Christian Writers
- Podcast Episode 0002 – Answering Frequently Asked Questions
- Podcast Episode 0003 – Do you market like a thinker or think like a marketer?
- Podcast Episode 0004 – Big Picture Marketing
- Podcast Episode 0005 – How does one become famous?
- Podcast Episode 0006 – How to write blog posts faster
- Podcast Episode 0007 – Making the Most of Social Media
- Podcast Episode 0008 – Creating Compelling Content
- Podcast Episode 0009 – The ABCs of Compelling Content
Do you have any topics to request or resources you’d find useful within the Marketing for Christian Writers program?
- If so, please leave a comment below.
Subscribe in iTunes – or download the Podcast app for your mobile device and search for us.