The ABCs of Creating Compelling Content
By: Linda Fulkerson
Last week, we gave an overview of creating compelling content. We answered the question, “What makes content compelling?” and shared elements of compelling content. This episode continues that topic by sharing the ABCs of Compelling Content.
In this episode:
- 0:20 Recap of last week’s episode
- 0:40 Intro to this week’s episode – The ABCs of Creating Compelling Content
- 1:23 Why this principle is good for all content types
- 1:46 What the ABCs stand for
- 1:55 Getting your reader’s attention
- 2:49 Why brevity is important
- 3:06 Tip for blog posts
- 4:31 Calls to Action
- 5:15 Tips for writing compelling headlines
- 9:33 FREEBIE announcement
- 11:30 Anatomy of a piece of content
- 11:53 How to write a compelling lead
- 20:33 Keeping the reader’s interest throughout the piece
- 24:40 Writing an effective close
Resources mentioned in this episode:
- Headlines that Make You Go Hmm . . .
- FREE Training – Email Marketing & List-building Basics
- FREE Training – Creating Compelling Content email course
- Link to a YouTube video of Bob Newhart doing a one-sided phone conversation sketch
In the next episode . . .
We’ll continue the series “Making the Most of Social Media.”
You may also be interested in:
- Podcast Episode 0001 – Introducing Marketing for Christian Writers
- Podcast Episode 0002 – Answering Frequently Asked Questions
- Podcast Episode 0003 – Do you market like a thinker or think like a marketer?
- Podcast Episode 0004 – Big Picture Marketing
- Podcast Episode 0005 – How does one become famous?
- Podcast Episode 0006 – How to write blog posts faster
- Podcast Episode 0007 – Making the Most of Social Media
- Podcast Episode 0008 – Creating Compelling Content
Do you have any topics to request or resources you’d find useful within the Marketing for Christian Writers program?
- If so, please leave a comment below.
Subscribe in iTunes – or download the Podcast app for your mobile device and search for us.