Making the Most of Social Media
By: Linda Fulkerson
Social Media is an important tool in our marketing toolbox. This episode offers an overview of the benefits of using social media. This is an introduction to a series on social media. In future podcast episodes and/or blog posts, we’ll discuss more specifics of the most popular platforms, including tips on how to use them effectively.
In this episode:
- 00:22 Recap of this week’s blog posts
- 00:51 About social media marketing
- 2:06 Your most effective sales tool
- 2:44 Purpose of social media
- 3:17 What is social media?
- 4:00 Benefits of using social media
- 5:30 Social media etiquette & tips
- 9:59 Steps toward social media success
- 11:35 Types of social media sites
- 13:52 Recap with additional tips
- 19:23 Devotional – Faith Is . . .
A couple of apologies:
First of all, I’m “this close” to getting over the cough that has plagued me for the past several weeks, but I still am coughing and I apologize for that.
Second – near the end of the podcast, just as I was going through the devotional part, my microphone started cutting in and out. I will likely have to buy a new headset/mic before I record next week’s podcast, but much of the devotional part was intermittent. I’ve typed the outline below, and I’m sorry it wasn’t clear on the podcast.
Faith Is . . .
1) Stretching the imagination
2) Taking the initiative
3) Expecting the best
4) Risking failure (rejection)
5) Waiting for the answer
6) Following instructions
7) Never giving up (Luke 15 – Lost Coin, Lost Sheep, Lost Son)
8) Forgetting the past and looking to the future – Philippians 3:13-14
In the next episode . . .
We’ll discuss how to make the most of social media by integrating it with your email marketing list.
Upcoming Blog Posts:
- Friday – Today’s Tip: Your Most Effective Sales Tool (mentioned in the podcast)
- Monday – Today’s Tip: Open Graph – How it affects your social media posts & how to use it
You may also be interested in:
- Podcast Episode 0001 – Introducing Marketing for Christian Writers
- Podcast Episode 0002 – Answering Frequently Asked Questions
- Podcast Episode 0003 – Do you market like a thinker or think like a marketer?
- Podcast Episode 0004 – Big Picture Marketing
- Podcast Episode 0005 – How does one become famous?
- Podcast Episode 0006 – How to write blog posts faster
Do you have any topics to request or resources you’d find useful within the Marketing for Christian Writers program?
- If so, please leave a comment below.
Subscribe in iTunes – or download the Podcast app for your mobile device and search for us.