How To Write Blog Posts Faster
By: Linda Fulkerson
We know the importance of blogging. However, it’s easy to get bogged down with the seemingly endless stream of content we need to create in order to have a viable online presence. This podcast episode shares tips and tools to help streamline the content creation process by sharing how to write blog posts faster.
In this episode:
- 0:22 – Introduction: How to write blog posts faster
- 1:35 – Keep an idea notebook
- 2:25 – How to plan or schedule your blog
- 2:40 – Two examples of how a blog schedule can work
- 7:00 – Avoiding distractions
- 8:40 – How to research in bulk and create multiple blog posts
- 11:47 – How to use an article template with examples – “how to posts,” “book review posts,” “devotional posts” and another example
- 17:46 – Using compelling headlines
- 17:58 – Crafting the lead
- 20:05 – Repurposing content to create varied content types
- 20:54 – Recap
- 30:15 – Quote about writing fast
- 31:02 – Difference between web readers and book readers
- 32:00 – Scripture for the week
Links to resources mentioned in this episode:
- On Blogging Well
- Ezine Articles
- Editorial Calendar Plugin (not mentioned directly in the podcast, but it’s very useful)
You may also be interested in:
- Podcast Episode 0001 – Introducing Marketing for Christian Writers
- Podcast Episode 0002 – Answering Frequently Asked Questions
- Podcast Episode 0003 – Do you market like a thinker or think like a marketer?
- Podcast Episode 0004 – Big Picture Marketing
- Podcast Episode 0005 – How does one become famous?
Topic of next episode:
- Making the Most of Social Media- Suffering from social media overwhelm? You’re not alone. If you think managing the social media nightmare is only a daydream, think again. This podcast series will give an overview of social media and its benefits as well as how to develop a game plan of daily and weekly social media management tasks and share tools to help you accomplish it all. This series will last at least three episodes.
Do you have any topics to request or resources you’d find useful within the Marketing for Christian Writers program?
- If so, please leave a comment below.
Subscribe in iTunes – or download the Podcast app for your mobile device and search for us.