Do You Think Like a Marketer or Market Like a Thinker?
Today’s podcast explains the difference between marketing like a thinker and thinking like a marketer.
Quick Notes: I owe you a couple of apologies. First of all, I changed the announced topic of this episode. Next week we’ll begin our series on developing a web presence, but I felt it was important to use today’s topic as a foundation to build upon. And second, please forgive this rookie podcaster for the audio issues in this episode. Although I used a headset to record, my note-shuffling can be heard loud and clear in several places. Due to time constraints, I didn’t re-record the episode, and I apologize for the background noise.
In this episode:
- 0:29 – Excerpt from Dr. Seuss’s The Sleep Book
- 1:41 – The difference between thinking like a marketer and marketing like a thinker
- 2:35 – Challenges writers & authors face with marketing
- 3:20 – What is “marketing like a thinker”?
- 4:27 – The most important “feature” of your book/writing
- 4:51 – How to think like a marketer
- 5:15 – What readers really care about
- 6:03 – The Big Question – and keys to marketing
- 6:50 – Developing a profile for your target audience
- 11:00 – The most important question to ask when it comes to connecting the dots between your writing and your audience
- 12:03 – What marketing is really all about
- 12:36 – Announcements
- 12:38 – Devotional thought – Being useful for special purposes (2 Timothy 2:20-21 NCV)
Links to resources mentioned in this episode:
You may also be interested in:
- Podcast Episode 0001 – Introducing Marketing for Christian Writers
- Podcast Episode 0002 – Answering Frequently Asked Questions
Topic of next episode:
- Elements of an Effective Online Presence – This is one of the most requested presentations I give, so I thought before we delve deeper into creating an online presence, sharing the big picture with you might be helpful.
Do you have any topics to request or resources you’d find useful within the Marketing for Christian Writers program?
- If so, please leave a comment below.
Subscribe in iTunes – or download the Podcast app for your mobile device and search for us.