Podcast ShowNotes for Episode 0002 – “Answering Frequently Asked Questions”
By: Linda Fulkerson
Today’s podcast answers some real questions I’ve been asked by real people, including one of the most frequent questions I’m asked, “Do I really need a professional website?”
In this episode:
- 0:10 – Do I need a professional website?
- 1:04 – I have a Facebook page
- 3:04 – But I don’t even own a computer!
- 3:54 – Definition of Professional Writer (from a marketing standpoint)
- 5:04 – My nephew is building my website
- 6:01 – What web savvy (which is practically everyone, nowadays) viewers think about websites
- 7:56 – What about free platforms, such as Blogger and WordPress.com?
- 8:50 – How I use Blogger & WordPress.com
- 12:27 – Search Engine Journal – Reasons not to blog using Blogger or Blogspot
- 14:11 – My recommendation to you (from nearly 15 years in online marketing)
- 15:59 – SEO advantage of a self-hosted WordPress website
- 18:41 – Other advantages of self-hosted WordPress websites
- 20:50 – Devotional thought – Ephesians 6:7 (New Life Version)
- 23:03 – BIG Announcement – We’re now in the iTunes Library!
- 24:14 – Other announcements and conclusion
You may also be interested in:
- Previous Podcast – Introducing Marketing for Christian Writers
Links to sources mentioned in this episode:
- Google’s Terms
- On Blogging Well
- Search Engine Journal’s post on Blogger/Blogspot
- Jim Rohn
- Marketing for Christian Writers in iTunes
Topic of next episode:
- Elements of an Effective Online Presence – This is one of the most requested presentations I give, so I thought before we delve deeper into creating an online presence, sharing the big picture with you might be helpful.
Do you have any topics to request or resources you’d find useful within the Marketing for Christian Writers program?
- If so, please leave a comment below.
Subscribe in iTunes – or download the Podcast app for your mobile device and search for us.