Creating Compelling Content
By: Linda Fulkerson
In our continuing series about Making the Most of Social Media, this episode focuses on Creating Compelling Content. Marketers must entice readers to delve into their content – and come back again and again. This is accomplished by creating compelling content.
In this episode:
- 00:20 What in the world happened with last week’s audio??? Find the answer here.
- 00:50 Intro to this week’s episode
- 1:21 Topic: Creating Compelling Content
- 1:36 Sneak “Peek” (for podcast listeners only)
- 2:07 Recap of latest blog posts
- 3:58 Why focus on compelling content?
- 8:11 How to convert the casual passerby your site to a loyal member of your online community
- 9:35 How to get more traffic to your blog (and social media profiles)
- 12:05 What makes content compelling?
- 12:48 Tactics for creating compelling content
- 17:02 How to get readers to share your content
- 20:08 Why do readers return to a blog? One of the top reasons revealed
- 21:33 Info about me you may not have known – just for fun
- 21:59 Elements of effective content
- 22:25 The “IN” crowd
- 23:40 Additional tips
- 24:27 The Audience of One
- 26:03 Purpose of Christian writing
Resources mentioned in this episode:
In the next episode . . .
We’ll go through some more tips for creating compelling content and then give an overview of how authors can use the most popular social media platforms for marketing our writing.
You may also be interested in:
- Podcast Episode 0001 – Introducing Marketing for Christian Writers
- Podcast Episode 0002 – Answering Frequently Asked Questions
- Podcast Episode 0003 – Do you market like a thinker or think like a marketer?
- Podcast Episode 0004 – Big Picture Marketing
- Podcast Episode 0005 – How does one become famous?
- Podcast Episode 0006 – How to write blog posts faster
- Podcast Episode 0007 – Making the Most of Social Media
Do you have any topics to request or resources you’d find useful within the Marketing for Christian Writers program?
- If so, please leave a comment below.
Subscribe in iTunes – or download the Podcast app for your mobile device and search for us.